How do I schedule a Zoom meeting within Sakai?
There is a Sakai-Zoom integration that allows you to create a Zoom meeting link in your Sakai site. All members of the Sakai site will be able to access the link for an online synchronous session.
Add the Zoom Tool to your Sakai Course.
To generate a meeting link, add the Zoom tool to your Sakai course. For instructions, please see How do I add the Zoom tool to my course?.
If you have not already installed the Zoom Desktop Client on your computer, you will be prompted to download and install Zoom when you select the Zoom tool. To download the Zoom Desktop Client ahead of time, visit the Zoom Download Center at https://luc.zoom.us/download.
Select the Zoom tool from the tool menu bar.
Select Schedule a New Meeting.
Select the Schedule a New Meeting button from within the Zoom window.
Enter Meeting Information.
Enter the meeting room information.
- Topic: The title of the meeting
- Description: Information regarding the purpose of the meeting
- When: The date on which the meeting will occur
- Duration: The time in which the meeting will occur
- Time zone: Enter the time zone in which you currently reside
- Recurring: Select the box to indicate that this meeting will occur multiple times
- Video: Set the default settings for host and participant web cameras when entering the meeting
- Audio: Set the default settings for host and participant microphones when entering the meeting
- Meeting option: Additional meeting settings
- Advanced options: Add an alternative Host (i.e. a teaching assistant or another faculty member)
- Save: To save settings and schedule the meeting