What is the Zoom tool?
Zoom allows for robust audio, video, file and screen sharing, collaborative editing, breakout rooms, and meeting recordings. The conferencing service is recommended for administrative and large group meetings hosted in conference rooms with a capacity of 10 or more participants. Additionally, Zoom can be used to host synchronous class sessions as well as office hours.
Things to consider when using Zoom
- If possible, lead meetings from a wired (not Wi-Fi) connection.
- Close any programs that are not needed (e.g., Skype, Google Hangouts, iChat, etc.).
- A wired headset with a built-in microphone provides the best audio quality. Connect your headset before opening the meeting room.
- Mute your audio when not in use and encourage participants to do the same.
- Limit the number of active microphones and webcams to prevent feedback and bandwidth issues.