How do I read, post, or delete Chat Room messages?
Go to Chat Room.
Select the Chat Room tool from the Tool Menu of your site.
To read Chat Room messages:
When you select Chat Room, you will enter the default room (as specified by the site leader).
- To change rooms, select Change Room at the top, and select the room you'd like to enter.
- To see who is presently in the room, look under "Users in Chat" on the right side of the screen.
- Messages appear in chronological order, with the most recent at the bottom. Messages will always identify the sender.
- To hide or display the date or time messages were posted, select the appropriate option from the "View" drop-down list: Time Only, Date and Time, Date Only, Neither Date nor Time, or ID Only.
- To change how many messages you see, from the second drop-down list, select one of the following options: Last 100 messages, Last 10 messages, Past 3 days, or Show no message history. (If you choose Show no message history, you will see only messages posted after you made this selection.)
To post Chat Room messages:
In the text box at the bottom of the window, type your message, and then select Add message or hit the Enter key on your keyboard.
Note: No one can see your message until you select Add message or hit Enter, but once you do, only an instructor or a participant with special permission can delete your message.
To discard a message that you haven't sent yet, select Clear.
To delete a Chat Room messages.
To delete a Chat Room message that you have sufficient permission to delete, select the trash can icon (Delete this Message) next to the posting
Note: If you don't see a trash can icon, you don't have permission to delete the message.
A pop-up box will appearing prompting you to confirm the deletion. If you are sure you want to delete the message, select Delete button to confirm.
Tip: To permanently delete all messages from a chat room, select Options, and then Clear History. Select Delete to confirm.