How do students submit an assessment (i.e. test or quiz)?
Test-Taking Tips - In order to avoid potential problems during an assessment, it is recommended that you:
- Use a supported web browser, such as the most recent version of Firefox, Google Chrome, or Internet Explorer.
- Make sure that you DO NOT have multiple windows or tabs open while testing.
- Make sure that you have a dependable internet connection; wired rather than wireless if possible.
- DO NOT use your browser back and forward buttons. Always navigate within Sakai.
- For timed tests, remember that once you begin the test, the timer will continue to count down. This is true if you lose internet connection, your browser crashes, or you simply exit and close your browser window.
- Make sure that you only select the Begin Assessment button ONCE when starting a test.
- Make sure that you only select the Submit for Grading button ONCE when submitting a test.
Go to Tests & Quizzes.
Select the Tests & Quizzes tool from the Tool Menu of your site.
Select the title of the assessment.
In the Assessments section, select the title of the assessment that you want to take.
Note: Assessments which are past the due date but still available for late submissions will appear in the list with the Due Date/Time shown in red. Assessments which are not currently available do not show up in the Assessments list at all.
Or, your instructor may have linked to the assessment from other tools in the course, such as Lessons.
Select the link to the assessment to go to that item.
An introductory screen will display which contains summary information about the assessment, its due date, the time allowed for the test, and the number of submissions allowed.
If your instructor has enabled it for your assessment, you must check the box next to the Honor Pledge before you can begin.
When you are ready to start your assessment, select Begin Assessment.
Note: Make sure that you are ready to begin your test before selecting Begin Assessment. If it is a timed test, you will need to submit your test within the time limit or else it will be automatically submitted when your test time expires.
Answer each question.
- If allowed in the quiz settings, you may select the Table of Contents button to jump to a different question in the assessment.
- If the test is timed, the time remaining will display at the top of the assessment. You may select the Hide/Show Time Remaining button to show or hide the count-down clock.
- The question will display below the count-down clock. Select your response or enter it into the fields provided.
- If allowed in the quiz settings, you may use the Previous button to go back to an earlier question.
- After you have answered the question, select Next to save your response and advance to the next question.
- You may also select Save on any question to save your answer.
Save and Submit.
When you have answered all of the questions in the assessment, select Save and then Submit for Grading.
You will be prompted to confirm that you are ready to submit the test. Select Submit for Grading to submit your assessment.
Once you submit, you will see a submission information page with a confirmation number for your submission.
Select Continue to return to the Tests & Quizzes page.