How do I create a Playlist in Panopto?
A Panopto playlist allows you to share several Panopto sessions through one link. Playlists allow videos within your Panopto site to be presented in a single, ordered list even if those videos exist in different folders. When enabled, any user with creator access to a folder will have the ability to create playlists in that folder.
Access Panopto through Sakai.
Select Create then Playlist.
Selecting Playlist opens a new window where you can create your new playlist
Enter a Name for your Playlist.
- Give your new playlist a unique name.
- Select the folder you want to house your playlist. Note that if you accessed Panopto through a Sakai site, the folder for that site will be the default selection.
- Optional: Write a short description for your playlist.
- Select the Create button to create your new playlist.
Note: All of these settings can be changed later.
Select "Add videos" to Add Videos to your Playlist.
Select the Videos you want to add to your Playlist.
- Check the box to the left of each video you want to add to your playlist.
- You can add videos from one or more Sakai sites and Panopto folders using the drop down menu at the top of the screen.
- When you have selected the videos you want to add to the playlist, select the red Add button at the bottom of the screen. Note that this does not close the screen and you can select Add as many times as you wish.
- When you've added all the videos you want to add, select the Close button at the bottom of the screen.
View a Playlist.
Select the name of the playlist to view it. The thumbnail image for the playlist will always be the thumbnail image for the first video.
When you select the thumbnail, it will expand the video to full screen and give you the playlist of videos on the left side of your screen. The first video will automatically play after five seconds of loading.
While the videos in the playlist are playing, you can view the whole list of videos by selecting the name of the playlist at the top of the screen.
Editing and Deleting a Playlist
To edit a playlist, select the Settings option under the name of the playlist. This opens up the same settings screen you saw after initially creating the playlist.
- Select Edit next to the playlist Name and Folder to edit those options.
- Select Edit under Description to create or edit your playlist's description.
- Select and drag the videos in the playlist to reorder them.
- Select the X to the right of a video to remove it from the playlist.
- Select Add Videos to add additional videos to the playlist.
- Select Delete to permanently delete this playlist. Be aware that if you delete a playlist you'll have to recreate it from scratch - there is no undo!
Share a Playlist.
If you created a playlist in a folder for a Sakai site, that playlist will automatically be available to each person associated with that Sakai site.
To share a playlist, select the Share option under the name of the playlist.
- The links to Link or Embed your playlist are at the top of the share screen. To learn more about linking or embedding content view these articles:
How do I link a Panopto video to a Lessons page?
How do I link a Panopto video to the Resources tool?
How do I embed a Panopto video on a Lessons page?
- Select the down arrow to change the share settings for the playlist. See also: How do I change share settings for a Panopto folder or session?
- Invite individual users to view the playlist by listing their UVID (if Loyola community members) or email addresses. Separate users with semicolon.