How do I reorder announcements?
Go to the Announcements tool.
Select the Announcements tool from the Tool Menu of your site.
Select Reorder at the top of the screen.
Drag and drop to re-order announcements.
The announcement that you have selected will be green until it is dropped in its new location. It will turn blue for a few seconds before it reverts to the default gray color.
There are five options that allow you to auto-sort the Announcements:
- Sort by subject - orders the announcements in alphabetical order according to the subject line
- Sort by author - orders the announcements in alphabetical order according to the person who created the announcement
- Sort by beginning date - orders the announcements based on first date of display
- Sort by ending date - orders all announcements based on last date of display
- Sort by modified date - orders the announcements in order based the creation (or most recent modification) date.
When you select the link, an arrow icon appears beside it showing if the list is sorted smallest to largest, or largest to smallest. In the above illustration, the announcements are sorted by modified date, with the oldest at the top and the most recent at the bottom. If the link is selected again, the arrow icon points down showing that the most recent announcements are at the top and the oldest ones are at the bottom of the list.