How do I create my Examity assessment in Sakai?
In order to create your assessment in Sakai, you will need to create an exam within the Tests and Quizzes tool. For step-by-step instructions on how to do this, visit the How do I create an assessment in Tests and Quizzes? documentation.
Select Tests & Quizzes.
In the target Sakai site, select the Tests & Quizzes tool from the Tool Menu.
Locate the title of your assessment.
- Select Actions.
- Then, choose Settings from the drop-down menu.
Tip: Although you can modify a published assessment for use with Examity, ITRS recommends that you instead make any edits to a draft assessment, and then publish the assessment.
Edit the assessment settings.
Select Availability and Submissions from the Settings menu. Then, edit the following items:
- Choose the number of submissions allowed for the exam. For most high-stakes exams using Examity, there will be only one submission.
- Choose the available date and time students will be able to take the exam and a date and time when the exam is due.
- Check the box labeled has a time limit of. Choose the time limit associated with the exam.
- For Late submissions accepted?, select No, not after due date. Examity does not recognize exams taken after the due date. For students who need to schedule exams beyond the available period selected in step 2, students or their instructors should reach out to the ITS Service Desk to schedule their exams with Loyola's Examity representative.
For set-up information about students with special testing accommodations, please visit the the How do I set special accommodations for students in Examity? documentation.
Enter a password.
Select Ensure students take exams from specific location to expand the subsection. Then, enter a unique Secondary Password in the Assessment Password field.
Please note that this password field will secure the exam to make sure no student takes the exam outside of the exam time frame. You should not provide students with the exam password.
Select Save Settings and Publish.
Select Save Settings and Publish to save changes and publish the exam.
Tip: After you've completed these steps in Sakai, make sure you also set up your exam as an instructor in Examity's system. For step-by-step instructions, visit the How do I set-up or modify the exam in Examity as an instructor? documentation.