How do I add a rubric to a Gradebook item?
Go to Gradebook.
Select Gradebook from the site Tool Menu.
Add or Edit a Gradebook item.
- Select Add Gradebook Item to create a new item.
- Or select the drop-down arrow in the column heading for an existing Gradebook item, and then select Edit Item Details.
Note: If the Gradebook item is locked, the grade item association is coming from another tool. A rubric cannot be associated with locked items, since they must be graded from within the tool of origin.
Configure the rubric options.
- Select the Use the following rubric to grade this assignment radio button.
- Choose the desired rubric from the drop-down menu. Note: A rubric must exist in the site before they will display in the menu. Shared rubrics must first be copied to the site before they are available for selection.
- (Optional) Preview the selected rubric.
- (Optional) Check the box for Adjust individual student scores to be able to change the number of points awarded for individual criteria ratings while grading student submissions on a per-student basis.
- (Optional) Check the box for Hide Rubric from student to keep rubric from student view prior to submission.
Select Save Changes when finished setting up the gradebook item.
A rubric is now attached to the Gradebook item.
Gradebook items with rubrics attached will display a rubric icon next to the title of the item.