How do I associate a rubric with an assessment (i.e., test or quiz)?
Rubrics may be associated with individual questions on an assessment. A rubric can be added to any of the manually graded question types: File Upload, Short Answer/Essay, or Student Audio Response.
Go to Tests & Quizzes.
Select Tests & Quizzes from the site tool menu.
Add or Edit a manually graded question type in an assessment.
You will see the Grading Rubric options just below the point value information, once you have selected one of the instructor-graded question types.
Configure the rubric options.
- Select the Use the following rubric to grade this assignment radio button.
- Choose the desired rubric from the drop-down menu. Note: A rubric must exist in the site before they will display in the menu. Shared rubrics must first be copied to the site before they are available for selection.
- (Optional) Preview the selected rubric.
- (Optional) Check the box for Adjust individual student scores to be able to change the number of points awarded for individual criteria ratings while grading student submissions on a per-student basis.
- (Optional) Check the box for Hide Rubric from student to keep the rubric hidden from view prior to submission.
Select Save when finished setting up the assessment question.
A rubric is now associated with the question.
Questions with rubrics attached display a rubric icon next to the points for the question.