How do I associate a rubric with an assignment?
Go to the Assignments tool.
Add or edit an assignment.
Under Grading, select Points as the Grade Scale.
Once points are inputted, the Grading Rubric section will appear just below.
Configure the rubric options.
- Select the Use the following rubric to grade this assignment radio button.
- Choose the desired rubric from the drop-down menu. Note: Rubrics must exist in the site in order to display in the menu. Shared rubrics must first be copied to the site before they will be available for selection.
- (Optional) Preview the selected rubric to make sure that it is the correct one.
- (Optional) Check the box for Adjust individual student scores to change the number of points awarded for individual criteria ratings while grading student submissions on a per-student basis.
- (Optional) Check the box for Hide Rubric from student if students should not see the rubric prior to submitting.
Select Post when finished setting up the assignment.
A rubric is now associated with the assignment.
Assignments with an associated rubric will display a rubric icon next to the title of the assignment.