Create a multi-part syllabus using a date and calendar format, outlined here, or based on the number of items needed. (See How do I create a multi-part syllabus based on the number of items needed? for more information.) The date and calendar format creates a specific syllabus item for each meeting time of the class.
Select the Syllabus tool from the Tool Menu.
Select Bulk Add.
Enter syllabus information.
- Enter a Title. Each syllabus item will contain the specified title with a number appended.
- Select the radio button next to the Create syllabus items by dates option.
- Select the start date of the semester using the date-picker calendar icon.
- Select the end date of the semester using the date-picker calendar icon.
- Select the start time of the class using the Choose Time icon.
- (Optional) Enter the end time of the class using the Choose Time icon.
- Select the appropriate boxes to select which days of the week this course will meet.
- Select Add and Publish.
A screen will display the number of syllabus items requested.
Note: It is not possible to add or edit in-line text content from the item listing. You must go to Edit in order to add or edit in-line text.
Add an attachment to a Syllabus item. (Optional)
To attach a file to a syllabus item:
- Select the Title of the item (Week - 1) to expand that item.
- Select Add attachments.
Rearranging Syllabus Items.
Select the crosshair icon to the left of the syllabus item heading and drag it to the desired location.
Publish/unpublish a Syllabus item.
Select the eye icon next to the syllabus item to publish or unpublish the item. If the eye icon is open, the item is visible to students. If it is crossed out, it is hidden from students. In the above example, Week 1 is available to students, and Week 2 is hidden from students.
Add a Syllabus item to site Calendar.
Select the calendar icon next to the syllabus item to display the item in the site calendar. A calendar icon with a check mark indicates that the item is included in the Calendar. A calendar icon with an X indicates that the item is not included in the Calendar. In the above example, Week 1 is included in the Calendar, and Week 2 is not.
Note: You must specify a start and/or end time for the item before you can add it to the calendar. For more information on how to specify start/end times, see How do I edit syllabus items?
Change Syllabus item access.
Select the lock/globe icon to change the access for a syllabus item. A lock icon indicates the item is available to only this site. A globe icon indicates the item is publicly available to the whole world. In the above example, Week 1 is available to site participants only, and Week 2 is available to the public.