For additional assistance creating, commenting on, or sharing a VoiceThread, please see the VoiceThread web site.
Select Create or Add Your Own.
Before creating or commenting on a VoiceThread, ensure that your web browser is set to allow pop-ups.
Select Create in the upper left corner.
Select Add Your Own.
Select Add your own in the upper right corner.
Select Create a New VoiceThread.
Select Create a new VoiceThread.
Select Add Media.
Select a Media Type.
Select one of the options to add or record media:
- My Computer: Choose one or more files from your computer.
- Media Sources: Select media from several integrated services including My VoiceThreads, Khan Academy, Flickr, Google Drive, and New York Public Library.
- Audio Recording: Begin a new audio recording using your computer's internal microphone or an external, connected microphone.
- Webcam Photo: Take a photo using your computer's internal webcam or an external, connected camera.
- Webcam Video: Begin a new video recording using your computer's internal webcam or an external, connected camera.
- URL: Add an image or video from the internet by entering its URL.
If you select Audio Recording, Webcam Photo, or Webcam Video, you may be prompted to allow VoiceThread to access your microphone and camera. If prompted, select Allow.
Add Additional Media (Optional).
To add additional media to your VoiceThread, select the + icon. See Select a Media Type for a description of the different media you may add.
To comment on the media added to your VoiceThread, select Comment.
After selecting Comment in the previous step, VoiceThread will display the first media file (e.g., slide, photo, video) added to your VoiceThread.
To add a comment to the first media file in your VoiceThread, select the + icon that appears at the bottom of the file preview.
Select a Comment Type.
Select one of the options to add or record a comment:
- Text: Type a text comment.
- Audio Comment by Phone: VoiceThread will ask for your phone number. VoiceThread will call you so that you may record an audio comment by phone.
- Audio Comment: Record an audio comment using your computer's internal microphone or an external, connected microphone.
- Video Comment: Record a video comment using your computer's internal webcam or an external, connected camera.
- Upload a Comment: Select a file on your computer to add as a comment.
If you select Audio Comment or Video Comment, you may be prompted to allow VoiceThread to access your microphone and camera. If prompted, select Allow.
View and Edit Comment (Optional).
Once added, your comment will be visible in the comments panel on the left. Your initials or profile photo, your name, the date and time, and the type of comment are visible in the comments panel.
To view, edit, or delete your comment, select it from the comments panel.