Before you can begin your assessment with Examity, you must schedule your exam. For more information, see How do I schedule or reschedule my exam with Examity? Make sure to test your technology and system requirements in advance of your scheduled exam day. For more information, see How do I test my technology for my online exam with Examity?
Test-takers are encouraged to arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of their exam to connect to their proctor and complete the authentication process. Depending on the authentication level your instructor selected, you may be required to:
1. Verify your identity. Make sure you have your photo ID with you. You will be required to hold the ID in front of your webcam. The proctor will need to see both your name and photo clearly.
2. Review the exam rules.
3. Show your desk and workspace. The proctor may ask you to complete a 360˚ room pan and desk sweep with your webcam. This is to ensure your workspace is clear of any materials not authorized by your instructor.
The time it takes you to connect to your proctor and complete the authentication process does not count towards your exam duration.
In the target Sakai site, select the Examity tool from the Tool Menu.
Select Press to re-launch page.
If prompted, select Press to re-launch page.
Select Start Exam.
When you are ready to begin your exam, select Start Exam on the Examity dashboard.
Check computer requirements and begin authentication.
1. Select Computer Requirements Check to review and check your technology one last time.
2. Then, select Connect to Proctor to begin the authentication process.
Make sure your pop-up blocker is disabled. Otherwise, you will not be able to connect with your proctor.
Complete the authentication process.
Be prepared to verify your identity with your photo ID, review the exam rules, and show your desk and workspace. Select Proceed when it appears on your screen.
Answer the security question.
- Type in the answer to your security question from your Examity profile in the input field.
- Then, select Submit.
Type Your biometric signature.
- Type your unique biometric signature from your Examity profile in the input fields.
- Then, select Submit.
Review the User Agreement and Exam Rules.
Read the user agreement and exam rules. Then, select I agree next to each rule.
Begin Your Exam.
Once you have finished the authentication process, select Begin Exam. Your proctor will enter the exam password for you. Once the password has been entered, you are ready to begin.
If you have issues before or during the authentication process, contact your instructor immediately.
For support with Examity, use the following contact information:
- Phone: 855-392-6489
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Live Chat: select Live Chat at the bottom of your Examity® portal.