Instructors can add subpages to a top-level Lessons page. A top-level Lessons page is a Lessons page that is listed by name in the Tool Menu. Subpages are connected to top-level Lessons pages by a link or a button.
Note: Subpages are added to whatever page the Add Content/Add Subpage function is accessed from. To add multiple subpages to a top-level page, make sure you access the Add Content/Add Subpage function from the original top-level Lessons page and not from a subpage.
Go to Lessons.
Click on the Lessons tool in the Tool Menu to display the page.
Note: The default or blank Lessons page contains text and images that explain the basic functionality of the Lessons tool.
Click Add Content, and then select Add Subpage.
From the Add Content drop-down menu, select Add Subpage.
Enter the subpage information.
- Enter a title.
- Click the Choose Existing Page link to select from the index of existing pages in the site. (Optional)
- Select the Next page option if desired.
- Select the Show as button rather than link option if desired.
- Click Create.
The new subpage contains the default Lessons page information.
Clicking the Back button takes you back to the top-level page.
To edit the title and properties of a subpage: (Optional)
Click on the Settings icon.
The Settings icon is a gear-shaped icon located on the top left of the subpage.
Edit the title and properties of the subpage as needed.
- The title of the subpage can be edited in the Page Title box.
- Check Hide this page from users to not allow students access to the subpage.
- Check Hide page until to allow access to the subpage at a particular date and time.
- Check Create Gradebook item to automatically create an item in the gradebook when the page (and any required items on it) is completed.
- Click Save when finished.