Go to the Assignment tool.
Select the Assignments tool from the Tools Menu in your site.
Add a new assignment or edit a draft assignment.
Select Add to create a new assignment.
Note: You can only select the peer assessment option for a new or draft assignment. Once the assignment has been posted for students, you cannot change this setting.
Choose Points as the grade scale and enter a maximum point value.
In order to use Peer Assessment, the assignment must be set to a Points grade scale.
Select Use peer assessment.
Peer assessment facilitates student peer review of assignments.
When Use Peer Assessment is selected, the settings will expand to show additional options. The available options to apply are listed as follows:
- The Evaluation Period Finishes section notes the date when the last peer reviews can be submitted. (This date must be after the Accept Until date for the assignment.)
- Anonymous evaluation allows students to submit their reviews without their names appearing to those they are evaluating.
- Allow students to see reviews of their submissions enables students the ability to view evaluations from their peers of their submitted assignment.
- The Number of submissions students must review is the total number of peer evaluations required.
- The Instructions for reviewers text box allows instructors to outline specific instructions to students regarding peer assessments.
Note: You must be using a Points grade scale in order to enable peer review and it cannot be a group assignment.
Post your assignment.
Once you have entered all of your assignment settings, scroll down to the bottom and click Post to save your changes and post the assignment.