How do I edit syllabus items?
Once you have added one or more syllabus items, you may edit items titles, dates, and in-line text through the Build Edit area of the syllabus tool.
Go to the syllabus.
Select the Syllabus tool from the Tool Menu of your site.
Edit all items details for a single item.
Select the Edit Details link for the syllabus item you would like to modify.
Update the item details and publish or save.
You may edit all of the details for a single syllabus item from this screen.
1. Title: This changes the heading as it appears in the list of syllabus items.
2. Content: This content area has the rich text editor available. You may enter or modify the in-line text display for this item.
3. Access: Select the radio button for your desire access level. Syllabus items are only visible to site members by default. However, you can choose to make this publicly viewable.
4. Attachments: You may add new attachments or remove existing attachments from this item.
5. Start Date: This date is for informational purposes, and for posting items on the calendar on a specific date. It does not restrict viewing access to the item.
6. End Date: This date is for informational purposes, and for posting items on the calendar on a specific date. It does not restrict viewing access to the item.
7. Emil notification: Select whether or not you want to send notifications to site participants. You may choose
- None- no notification
- High - all participants
- Low- Not received by those who have opted out.
8. Select Add and Publish if you finished with your changes and would like the item to be published to site participants. If you are not yet ready to publish the item, select Save Draft to save your changes and leave the item unpublished.
Edit item headings.
If you would like to modify a syllabus item heading, select the text box for that item to edit the heading text from the item list.
Rearrange Syllabus items.
Select the up or down arrows to move the items into your desired order.
Select start and/or end dates.
Adding start and/or end dates allows you to determine the dates posted to the site calendar (if the calendar option is enabled) as well as for informational purposes. It does not restrict students from viewing the syllabus item.
Select the calendar icon in the start time or end time column to access the date picker. Choose a date from the calendar and use the hour and minute sliders to select the time.
Add item to the Calendar.
Check the box in the Calendar column to add that item to your course Calendar. Or, you may remove the check mark to remove the item from the Calendar.
Note: You must first specific start and end dates before adding the item to the Calendar.
Check the box in the Publish column to publish an item. Or, you may remove the check mark to unpublish the item.
If you have made any changes to the syllabus items in this screen, select the Update button to save your changes.