Instructors may use a comma-delimited (CSV) spreadsheet file to present individual feedback and/or grades to students. This spreadsheet file must follow a particular format:
- The file must be saved in .CSV format. Microsoft Excel spreadsheets may be saved as CSV files.
- The first row of the file must contain column headings; every column must have a heading.
- The first column of the file must contain individuals' usernames in lower case.
Once a feedback file has been created, it may be updated any number of times, as long as its format stays within the guidelines above.
Tip: Instructors can download a CSV file that includes the student usernames under Gradebook > Import/Export > Export Gradebook. Instructors can also download a CSV file that includes the student usernames under Roster > Export.
- First row contains column headings.
- First column contains student usernames.
Enter a Title for the Feedback file. This is the title students will see when they go to PostEm to view their feedback.
- Check the checkbox next to Feedback Availability to release feedback to students.
- Then, select Post.
Verify the file upload. The first row of data is previewed. If everything looks correct, select Save.