The Calendar tool allows instructors (and site maintainers) to post items to the class calendar. You may use the Calendar tool to post reminders about class activities and due dates.
Select Add Event to create a new event.
Note: multiple day (overnight) events cannot be added as a single event; they need to be added as an all day event with a frequency of daily.
A Title, Date, and Start Time to are required create an event. All other fields are optional.
- The Title will be displayed on the calendar, so it is best to make it something short and informative.
- The Date is the day that the event takes place. Use the calendar picker to select a date.
- The Start Time is the time of day when the event begins.
- The Duration is how long the event will last. Selecting an amount of time from the Duration dropdown menu will automatically update the End Time accordingly.
- The End Time is when the event is expected to end. Selecting a time of day from the End Time dropdown menu will automatically update the Duration accordingly.
- Provide additional event details in the Message field. The Rich Text Editor is available in the Message field.
Elect to display the event to the whole site, or to selected groups. Display to site is the default.
Note: The course must have existing groups for the "display to selected groups" option to appear.
Select the Frequency button to add a recurring event.
Select the frequency option from the dropdown menu that best describes the event.
- Select the appropriate event interval from the Every dropdown menu.
- Specify when the frequency Ends (Optional). Elect for it to end after a certain number of times, until a specific date, or never. For example, when posting office hours to repeat on the same day and time each week until the end of the term, select the last day of the term as the end date.
- Select Save.
Select the Event Type dropdown menu to view all available event types and choose a type for this event. The default event type is Activity.
If the event is happening in a specific location, enter the Event Location here.
Select Add Attachments to browse for and select a file to attach to the Calendar event.