- Enter a title for the announcement in the "Announcement title" field.
- Then, enter the content of the announcement into the "Body" field. The formatting options in the Rich Text Editor are available to modify the font size or color, add images or links, or embed other content.
By default, all people enrolled in this site see the announcement.
Making the announcement publicly viewable means that you can send a link to the announcement to people outside the course, even outside your instance of Sakai, and the announcement will be viewable by them.
If groups exist in the course, the option to display to groups is shown.
- First, select the dropdown menu You must select at least one group.
- Check the boxes for the group(s) who should see the announcement. Only the participants in the selected group(s) will see this announcement.
By default, the announcement is displayed immediately upon posting. Alternatively, choose to Hide it (saving as a draft), or Specify Dates when the announcement will be available.
If you want the announcement to display during a specific time frame, choose Specify Dates.
- Check the box(es) to the left of Beginning and/or Ending.
- Then, choose the calendar icon(s) to insert the properly formatted date and time when the announcement will begin and/or end.
Select the Add Attachments button to add a file attachment to the announcement.
- If the file is not already in the Resources in the course, select Choose File to locate the file on your computer.
- Select Continue to attach the file.
By default, no email notification is sent. Select the "Email Notification" dropdown menu and choose one of the following options:
- "High - All participants," which sends an email to everyone in the course
- "Low - Not received by those who have opted out," which sends an email to everyone except participants who have intentionally changed their settings so that they don't receive low priority messages
- "None - No notification," which does not send any email notification