Note: Commons posts can include any combination of text, links, and images.
Select the Commons tool from the site's Tool Menu.
Type your text into the text field.
Add a link.
To add a link (URL):
- Select the link (i.e., chain) icon.
- Enter text in the Display text field. This is the text site members will see.
- Type or copy and paste the URL in the Link to field.
- Choose whether to load a thumbnail image from the URL.
- Select Insert.
The link, including a thumbnail with preview (if selected), displays in the text field.
Add an image.
To add an image file:
- Select the image icon.
- Select Choose File to browse your computer for a file.
Select the file.
Locate and select the image file. Then select Open.
Select Insert to add the image file to your Commons post.
Click Post to submit the post to everyone on the site with access to view it.