In order to avoid potential problems during an assessment, it is recommended to do the following:
- Use a supported web browser, such as the most recent version of Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
- DO NOT have multiple windows or tabs open while testing.
- Make sure that you have a dependable internet connection—wired rather than wireless if possible.
- DO NOT use your the back and forward buttons in your browser. Always navigate pages by using controls and links within Sakai.
- For timed tests, remember that once you begin the test, the timer will continue to run until the time limit or the submission is completed. This is true if you lose internet connection, your browser crashes, or you simply exit and close your browser window.
- Select the Begin Assessment button only ONCE when starting a test.
- Only select the Submit for Grading button ONCE when submitting a test.
Go to Tests & Quizzes.
Select the Tests & Quizzes tool from the site Tool Menu.
Select the title of the assessment to take.
In the Assessments section, select the title of the assessment that you want to take.
NOTE: Assessments that are past the due date but still accepting late submissions will appear in the list with the Due Date/Time shown in red. Assessments that are not currently available do not show up in the Assessments list at all.
A Begin Assessment page that contains summary information about the assessment such as due date, the time limit, and the number of submissions allowed, will be displayed.
If the assessment requires an Honor Pledge, you must check the box next to the Honor Pledge before you can begin.
When you are ready to start your assessment, select the button Begin Assessment.
REMINDER: Make sure that you are ready to begin your test before clicking Begin Assessment. If it is a timed test, you will need to submit your test within the time limit or else it will be automatically submitted when your test time expires.
Answer each question.
- If allowed in the quiz settings, select the Table of Contents button to jump to a different question in the assessment.
- If the test is timed, the time remaining will display at the top of the assessment. You may select the Hide/Show Time Remaining button to show or hide the count-down clock.
- The question will display below the countdown clock. Select your response or enter it into the fields provided.
- If allowed in the quiz settings, the Question Progress panel will appear on the right side of the screen. This panel will display your progress of answered and unanswered questions as you go through the assessment. You may also navigate through the assessment by selecting the question numbers in the panel. Expand or collapse the panel by clicking on the Question Progress tab.
- If allowed in the quiz settings, you may use the Previous button to go back to an earlier question.
- After you have answered the question, select the Next button to save your response and advance to the next question.
- You may also select Save on any question to save your answer.
Tip: Save your work early and often!
Save and Submit.
When you have answered all of the questions in the assessment, click Save and then Submit for Grading.
You will be prompted to confirm that you are ready to submit the test. Select Submit for Grading to submit your assessment.