Select Gradebook from the site's Tool Menu.
Add or Edit a Gradebook item.
- Select Add Gradebook Item to create a new item.
- Or, to edit an existing item, select the down arrow in the column heading for an existing Gradebook item, and then choose Edit Item Details.
Note: Rubrics may only be associated with manually-created Gradebook items. For items coming from other tools (e.g., Assignments), edit the assessment to associate a rubric.
Configure the rubric options.
- Select the Use the following rubric to grade this assignment radio button.
- Choose the desired rubric from the drop-down menu. Note: A rubric must exist in the site before they will display in the menu. Shared rubrics must first be copied to the site before they are available for selection.
- (Optional) Preview the selected rubric.
- (Optional) Check the box for Adjust individual student scores to be able to change the number of points awarded for individual criteria ratings while grading student submissions on a per-student basis.
- (Optional) Check the box for Hide Rubric from student to keep rubric from student view prior to submission.
- Select Save Changes.
Rubric association displays.
A green success message will appear and Gradebook items with rubrics attached will display a rubric icon next to the title of the item.