Instructors may use a comma-delimited (CSV) spreadsheet file to present individual feedback and/or grades to students. This spreadsheet file must follow a particular format:
- Your file must be saved in .CSV format. You can save Microsoft Excel spreadsheets as CSV files.
- The first row of your file must contain column headings; every column must have a heading.
- The first column of your file must contain individuals' usernames in lower case.
Once you have created your file, you can modify and update it as you wish, as long as you stay within the guidelines above.
Tip: You can download a CSV file that includes the student usernames under Gradebook > Import/Export > Export Gradebook. You can also download a CSV file that includes the student usernames under Roster > Export.
Example of a properly formatted CSV file
- First row contains column headings.
- First column contains student usernames.
Select the PostEm tool from the Tool Menu of your site.
Select Add from the Actions Menu.
Enter a Title.
Enter a Title for the Feedback file. This is the title students will see when they go to PostEm to view their feedback.
Select your file.
Select Choose a CSV file.
Click the Choose a CSV file or URL from Resources button to select your file.
Select Choose File.
To upload a CSV file from your computer, select the Choose File button to locate the file on your computer and select it for upload. Alternatively you may enter the URL of a CSV file on a website or select a CSV file that you have already uploaded to the Resource tool of your site.
Locate the file and select Open.
Locate the file on your computer and select Open.
Adjust feedback availability and post.
- Check the box next to Feedback Availability if you'd like to release feedback.
- Then, select Post.
You will be prompted to verify your file upload. The first row of data will be previewed for you. If everything looks correct, select Save.