Subpages can be added to a top-level Lessons page. A top-level Lessons page is a Lessons page that is listed by name in the Tool Menu. Subpages are connected to top-level Lessons pages by a link or a button.
Note: Subpages are added to whatever page the Add Content/Add Subpage function is accessed from. To add multiple subpages to a top-level page, make sure you access the Add Content/Add Subpage function from the original top-level Lessons page and not from a subpage.
Go to Lessons.
Select Lessons in the Tool Menu to display the page.
Note: The default or blank Lessons page contains text and images that explain the basic functionality of the Lessons tool.
Select Add Content, and then select Add Subpage.
From the Add Content menu, select Add Subpage.
Enter the subpage information.
- Enter a title.
- Select Choose Existing Page link to select from the index of existing pages in the site. (Optional)
- Select the Next page option if desired.
- Select the Show as button rather than link option if desired.
- Select Create.
The new subpage contains the default Lessons page information.
Selecting the Back button takes you back to the top-level page.
To edit the title and properties of a subpage: (Optional)
Edit the title and properties of the subpage as needed.
- The title of the subpage can be edited in the Page Title box.
- Check Date release page... to allow access to the subpage at a particular date and time.
- Check Hide this page from users to not allow students access to the subpage.
- Check Create Gradebook item to automatically create an item in the gradebook when the page (and any required items on it) is completed.
- Select Save when finished.