Go to Lessons.
Select Lessons in the Tool Menu to display the page.
Note: The default or blank Lessons page contains text and images that explain the basic functionality of the Lessons tool.
Select Add Content, and then select Add Student Content.
From the Add Content menu, select Add Student Content.
Edit Student Pages settings. (Optional)
Select the Edit button if you would like to modify the settings.
Edit the Student Content Section Properties as needed.
- Check Make these student pages anonymous if you want the student pages to not reflect the name of the student creating the pages.
- Check Create Gradebook item for these if the student content pages are to be graded and enter maximum points.
- Check Add comments section to each page if you will allow other students to comment on the student pages.
- Check Make these comments anonymous if you want student comments to be anonymous.
- Check Grade these comments if you want to grade student comments on other student pages.
- Check Add a peer review rubric to each page if you want to allow students to grade other student pages based on a rubric.
- Select a rubric. You may choose the Sample Peer Evaluation rubric, or you may click Create a new rubric to create one.
- Set the Open/Due dates for peer evaluation.
- If you want students to be able to review their own pages, check the box for Allow self-grade.
- Check Student pages will be jointly owned by all members of a group rather than an individual to allow site groups (rather than individuals) to create Student Pages. Each group member will be allowed to add/edit content on the group's Student Pages.
- Check the box for Use rubric for student within a group to evaluate each other if you would like groups to use rubrics.
- Check the box for Students only see their own page if you want the student pages to be visible only to the instructor and the author of the page.
- Check the box for Don't release item until all prerequisites are completed if you want to restrict access based on a prerequisite.
- Check Require this item to require the creation of Student Pages before moving on to a different Lessons item.
Note: All of the settings listed above are optional.
When finished, select Update item.
Updating will return the display to the Lessons page with the Student Pages section shown.
To view a student page, select the student's name.
Select Peer Evaluation Statistics.
Select the Peer Evaluation Statistics button to see the evaluations made by other students (or self-evaluations).