A special feature of the Lessons tool allows Instructors to embed a YouTube video on a Lessons page without the need to copy the source code.
First, locate and copy the YouTube video URL (not source code).
- Select the Share button under the clip.
- Copy the YouTube URL into the clipboard (CTRL+C for PC or CMD+C for Mac, or select the COPY button).
Select the Lessons tool in the site's Tool Menu to display the page.
Note: The default or blank Lessons page contains text and images that explain the basic functionality of the Lessons tool.
Select Add Content.
Select Add Content from the Actions Menu.
Select Embed Content on the Page.
Select Embed Content on the Page from the dialog box.
Select Add new URL.
Select Add new URL (web link).
Paste the URL.
Paste the YouTube URL copied in the first step into the box marked "Or add a URL or "embed code.""
View embedded video on page.
The embedded video displays on the Lessons page.
Select Edit to add a description. (Optional)
Select the Edit icon (i.e., the pencil icon) that appears when you hover your cursor over the video to edit the Lessons item.
Add a description and/or adjust the video pixel size.
- Optionally, you may change the dimensions of the embedded video player by entering width and height values in pixels.
- Enter a description in the Item Description text field.
- Select Update Item to save changes.
Tip: Adding an Item Description helps visually impaired users better navigate your course. See Making images more accessible for information about adding an item description to embedded content.
Updated video displays.
The embedded video player appears with modified dimensions (if applicable) and the description displayed below the video.