Select Assignments from the site's Tool Menu.
Select the Grade link for the assignment to be graded.
Select "Grade" beneath the title of the assignment.
Select the Download All link.
Select "Download All."
Select the desired download options.
You may choose "All" to select all of the download options, or select only some of them by placing a check mark next to an individual item or items. The options available for download are:
- Student submission text (original student submitted text)
- Student submission attachment(s)
- Grade file (grades.csv or grades.xls file at top level of archive)
- Feedback text (the inline comments with student submission)
- Feedback comments (comments.txt file if available in student's folder. Comments are put into the Instructor Comments field for each student's submission)
- Feedback Attachment(s)
Tip: If you would like to enter assignment grades in a spreadsheet and upload this spreadsheet to Sakai, be sure to check the "grade file" option.
Select the Download button to save the assignment submissions to your computer in a .zip file.
- Select the downloaded zip file.
- Extract the archive to a location on your computer. (You can do this by right-clicking on the file and selecting Extract All in Windows, selecting the Extract all button, or by using your preferred unzipping program on your computer.)
Note: Depending on your computer's operating system, you may not need to extract the .zip file manually.
If prompted, select Extract.
Extracted folder displays.
The extracted folder of assignment submissions displays. Double-click the folder to view its contents.
View student submissions.
Within the assignment folder, there will be individual folders for each of the students in the site. Open a student's folder to view their submissions, feedback, and comments.
Grade the submissions.
When you are ready to enter student grades, open the grades.xls or grades.csv file within the assignment folder.
Enter grades into spreadsheet and save.
Enter scores into the grade column. Don't forget to save your changes to the file.