Select the Announcements tool from the Tool Menu of your site.
Select Reorder from the Actions Menu.
Drag and drop to re-order announcements.
Select the title of an announcement and drag and drop it to change the order of announcements.
Select Update to save your changes.
Auto-Sort Options. (Optional)
There are five options that allow you to auto-sort the Announcements:
- Sort by subject - orders the announcements in alphabetical order according to the subject line
- Sort by author - orders the announcements in alphabetical order according to the person who created the announcement
- Sort by beginning date - orders the announcements based on first date of display
- Sort by ending date - orders the announcements based on last date of display
- Sort by modified date - orders the announcements in order based the creation (or most recent modification) date
When you select the link, an icon appears beside it showing if the list is sorted smallest to largest, or largest to smallest. In the above illustration, the announcements are sorted by subject, A to Z (i.e., alphabetically). If the link is selected again, the icon will point downwards, showing that the announcements are ordered Z to A (i.e., in reverse alphabetical order).
- Select one of the five links to auto-sort announcements.
- Then, select Update to save changes.