How do I export Lessons content?
The Lessons tool allows instructors to export course content in IMS Common Cartridge format. The content can be imported into other learning management systems (LMS), e.g., Blackboard, Moodle, or Canvas or into another Sakai course.
If importing into another LMS and your Lessons contain links to site activities (e.g. assignments, forum topic, or quizzes) or resources (e.g. files, url links) those items will also be exported in the content package.
If importing into another Sakai course at your institution, the newest version of the IMSCC format – version 1.3 - will allow import of content from the tools noted above even if those tools are not linked to Lessons.
Note: Pages added by students via the Student Pages tool are not included in the export file.
Go to Lessons.
Click on the Lessons Page Title (e.g. Week 1) in the Tool Menu to display the page.
Note: You must be on a top-level page to export Lessons content.
Click More Tools, then Export CC.
From the More Tools drop-down menu, select Export CC to display the Export IMS Common Cartridge dialog.
Choose the desired options and click Download.
- If your Lessons include a link to a quiz that draws questions from a question pool, check the Include all question pools you can access as a test bank option.
- If the Lessons are destined for use in Moodle or Blackboard LMS, check the Use old version of file option.
- If the Lessons are destined for use in Canvas, check the Use newest version option.
If the Lessons are destined for another Sakai course at your institution, check the Use newest version option (1.3 IMSCC format) to import content from the following tools regardless of whether or not those tools are linked to Lessons
- Assignments (in draft mode)
- Forums (in draft mode)
- Tests & Quizzes (if tests are not linked to Lessons only published tests will import)